Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Dear February

There's a certain beauty to February today.

I'm definitely one for summer, the heat and the happiness and the endless ice cream. 

But I'm on a bus in a coat and spring's coming and I'm slightly too warm and I can't help but notice how beautiful "town" looks. Town shouldn't look beautiful, ever, but it's just so sunny and it's as if it's trying to prove its worth to me.

Maybe it's that my outlook on life is positive and that it hasn't been for a while. Maybe it's because I don't have anything planned for this afternoon and that hasn't happened in over a month.

I'm not sure what it is, maybe it's just that it reminds me of summer (oh the irony) but February, you seem nice today.

No longer the rain of January and not quite yet the flowers of May. Can you believe we're already an eighth into the year! Me neither!

And I feel as if maybe tonight I won't have to chase away the sadness before I drift to sleep in my bed which is already too hot in the evening and a heaven on the schools mornings (on the weekends I tend to wake up a couple of hours later, read and then dance around before dragging myself into the shower)

Disclosure: when I talked about being sad before it's not a sympathy call, it's just plain boring truth. The sad things in my life tend to happen in the evenings and lately I've made a policy to ensure I'm happy before I go to sleep as the worst thing is waking up happy and then remembering the trials of the night before.

I seem to have forgot how naturally blogging comes to me when on buses or in cafes in summer.

Louise x

Also, how am I feeling this positive on a Monday: BRING ON THE WEEK :)

No comments:

Post a Comment