Friday, 5 December 2014

BLOGMAS DAY 6 - cinema films this year

I started this year with a post entitled 'The 100 films you need to see in 2014' or something like that and I thought it could only be right to include something film related in Blogmas.

So these are (I think all of) the films I've seen at the cinema this year:

( these aren't blurbs as you can get them anywhere but rather my opinion which tends to be a little harder to source, also negative things should be taken as constructive criticism and I full understand that someone might hate the films I love and love the films I hate)

The Book Thief (2013) Poster

The book thief
My judgment is clouded, as I've seen this twice and it's just not as good the second time but still a really great film and was obsessed with it when I read and first watched it. It manages to be funny and heart warming and yet taking about a serious topic and I love that.





The Fault in Our Stars (2014) Poster

The fault in our stars
Phenomenal. I love John Green and all of his books and the film did it justice and I think that it's enough said. I went to see this after school and it was only teachers and everyone clapped along and somehow that made it even better ifs that's possible.

The Maze Runner (2014) Poster




The maze runner
I think dystopia is currently being overdone with the hungers, divergent and the maze runner now all in full swing but my friend read and was dying to see it and I would described it as more of an action movie but saying that it was really well balanced because I don't like action films and I really loved this.



Interstellar (2014) Poster
Interstellar
The first sci-fi I've seen in a long time, the first two hours were full of amazing graphics to great plot jammed packed with action but for the hour after that it all lot a bit repetitive and long winded and it probably didn't help that we were willing it to end so we could catch the train home.


What We Did on Our Holiday (2014) Poster
Divergent (2014) Poster

What we did on our holiday
We were exactly a family comedy with a great cast but it was so much more than that. The plot and the emotions were both really intense, both happy and sad but always exciting.





Divergent
I really loved this although it is very similar to hungers and I can't wait to see the rest. There were so many tense moments that you'll be on the end of your seat a lot.








The Imitation Game (2014) Poster

The imitation game
AMAZING! Definitely a more intellectual film and I guess not for everyone but personally I loved it. It was riveting, feature Benedict Cumberbatch ( need I say anymore to persuade you to watch it) and really puts the importance of gay rights into context ( obviously I will say more)

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 (2014) Poster



The hunger games- mocking jay (part 1)
Nothing happened and it didn't need to be split into town but it was still an amazing film with graphics, action, emotion and even SONG ( Jennifer Lawrence we congratulate you).






So these are the films I saw this year, what did you see and what did you love? Are the any I didn't mention that you thing I need to see urgently?

I hope your having a great December,
Remember to comment, like and folios on bloglovin and Instagram,
Louise xo

No comments:

Post a Comment