Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Real technique Brushes

I started this post LONG ago, around Christmas intact but I could never be bothered to finish it so apologies but its here finally:

For the last year or so I have owned very few and cheap makeup brushes but as I got into makeup more, I realised I would need some better ones. Real Technique Brushes seemed to be the obvious choice and after researching them for a LONG time I recently caved and bought them. I'm glad I did though because they are honestly so good.


So I bought the core collection and the starter set; however I'm planning on buying the the powder brush, blush brush and the lash-brow groomer. Are there any others that you would recommend?

The Core Collection 


Pointed foundation brush - I use this to apply my foundation to my skin and spread it out evenly, I love it as it allows me to have natural looking high coverage however I do have to use the buffing brush to blend it into my skin.


Buffing brush - excellent for buffing your foundation into your skin or apply powder foundation, I also use it for setting powder as I do not yet have a powder brush.


Contour brush - this brush is great for contouring and setting powder under the eyes etc.


 Detailer Brush - I use this to apply concealer over any spots or blemishes and it does this really well. I can get great coverage that doesn't look at all cakey.

Starter Set

The starter set contains five eye brushes that between them can be used for shadow, liner and to fill in eyebrows.  

Base Shadow brush - i use this to apply or blend out eye shadow and its amazing for that.

Deluxe Crease brushmy number one brush for blending eye shadow or as the name suggests, applying a darker colour in the crease. 

Brow Brush - personally I don't use this as I use the Maybelline brow drama (a brow mascara) but in the one or two times that I have used it, it works like any other angled brush and it works well.

Fine Liner Brush - again, I don't use this as i favour liquid/felt tip liners but its for applying eye liner and I've heard some great things about it.

Accent Brush - a must have for highlighting the inner corner of your eye

Thank you for reading, please comment, like and follow, I hope to upload more in the next few weeks now that Blogger.com is working on my laptop again and so hopefully I will see you soon. Louise x

(I apologise for the bad photos, I do not have the time to redo them)


No comments:

Post a Comment